Bertolini 403 Two-Wheel Rotavator
The Bertolini 403 Two-Wheel Rotavator
The Bertolini 403 Two-Wheel Rotavator is a heavy duty domestic machine and yet suitable for semi-professional used to. This is a rear tine Rotavator which has powered wheels at the front of the machine and is much easier to use than a cultivator that is driven by the actual tines that also dig at the same time. Bertolini is an Italian horticultural company who make a range of machines for the horticultural industry and keen gardener.
The Bertolini 403 Two-Wheel Rotavator is powered by a Honda 163cc GX160 engine, which is a high-performance overhead valve engine which is extremely economical, I know this from experience. The engine has a cast iron cylinder sleeve, forged steel crankshaft and a dual stage air filter which all helps to improve engine life and the overall performance. I have used Honda engines for many years and I have found them to be extremely reliable. Many times, over the winter season I have left the Honda engine untouched and it will very often start first time in the spring!
The Bertolini Rotavator has two forward and two reverse gears, which is perfect for manoeuvrability and various work conditions. The transmission is housed in an oil bath which lubricates and keeps the gearbox running efficiently throughout its working life.
The Bertolini 403 Two-Wheel Rotavator is very easy to use, it has a depth control which can be adjusted to various positions, that helps to keep the machine didn’t too deeply when you are trying to get a fine seedbed on top. The tiller is also very useful for inter-row work, which makes it useful for going between crops or hoeing lightly between rows. The pre-set working widths are 35 -50 – 60 cm, the narrow setting been perfect for getting between plants.
As with most of the Italian Rotavator is that I have used they do try and make them user-friendly. The vibration has been kept to a minimum, due to the comprehensive vibration damping. The controls are placed on easy access positions on the handlebars, which gives minimum fatigue to the operator. The handles can be adjusted in height and sideways to avoid treading down the freshly tilled soil.
There are also a number of optional attachments for the Bertolini machines. They have a Kwik-Fit coupling that makes it very straightforward to change to various attachments.
- Engine: Honda – Kohler – Kipor
- Starting: recoil
- Transmission: with gears in oil bath
- Gearbox:4-speed (2 forward + 2 reverse)
- Clutch: dry multidisc
- Speed (km/h):1st: 1.18 – 2nd: 3.18 – 1st R: 1.18 – 2nd R: 3.18
- Handlebars: height- and width-adjustable, 180° reversible, with vibration-damping device
- Reverse gear: yes, with gearshift lever
- Differential: no
- Brakes: no
- Power take-off: independent at 1004 rpm
- Accessories coupling: integral QuickFit supplied as standard
- Towing hitch: optional
- Cowling: yes (no with engine CH 270)
- Wheels (not included):4.00-8”, 4.00-10″, 16-6.50-8″
- Rotor (not included):50 cm (adjustable 35 cm), 60 cm (adjustable 50 – 35 cm)
- Weight (with diesel engine, rotor and wheels):90 kg